Anubias Nana

21 posts • Page 2 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

janus

by janus

That algae is curse! I can't take pics right now I need to borrow my friend's cam. But I'm looking foward to your pics!
What kind of dark blue backing will you use? Simply paint it or some poster?

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I buy the stuff Petco has that's plastic, comes in a roll, and is blue on one side and has pics of plants on the other. The blue side is darker toward the bottom, and I just tape it to the back of the tank.

I have my GF's camera but the battery is dead and wouldn't you know, the charger's at her house.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

mmhmm, and I bet the dog ate your homework too, PK. excuses...:)
uhhhh I know its far too late, but when I ''pin'' something with a rhizome, I use the flat part of the pushpin to simply hold it down, while ''pinning'' close enough to it so the flat part gets a firm hold on the rhizome without actually puncturing it. It was a bitch finding "flat-head'' black push pins, let me tell you. Maybe something for future reference..=D

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

That sounds like a good way to attach anubias. I've used rubber bands or I've tried to wedge the plant into a crack. problem is, when it falls out I have to start over.

I wish I was better at computers and knew how to have a photo gallery I could give easy links to.

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

pk,
Go to photobucket.com and create a profile and upload your photos there, it actually creates share links for you, that you can copy and paste here as a direct link to your photos.

Brandon

PS. i use craft wire to hold anubias to wood, rocks and other things i can find useful in the tank... it's plastic coated and comes in dark green or black.. it's quite handy. super thin so you don't have to worry about it being seen with out some serious inspection.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

OK. I'll try with Photobucket. I get frustrated with the simplest computer issues. My new tank is looking pretty nice and it's about ready for new pics. The big tank is over grown with java moss, and the brush algae is getting noticeable.

I put a bunch of the anubias from the big tank into the new planted tank so the SAE's could clean it up. The ghost, or algae eating shrimp are getting nice and big too, and their antennas are getting really long. I need to fix one of my lights so I can get the most out of the co2 system in there, but even so the plants are growing nicely with the double 95 watt PC I found in the garbage and a single 40 watt shoplight.

Don't know what to do with the 35 1.5 inch tilapia babies that are in there. They'll overload the tank before long. Right now they're useful as they're getting strong enough to rip at the brush algae and I'll let them work at it along side the SAE's, but they may become gar food at some point. There's so many fish in this tank it looks like a feeder fish tank. There's zero ammonia and nitrites, and the pH is about 6.4. My test kit doesn't measure nitrates, but I think the plants are probably using that up pretty well.

I'm giving most of the mosquito fish to my stepfather for his coy pond, I'll remove all the tilapia, and then I'll get a bunch of neon or cardinal tetras, and possibly 3 diskus to put some color and schooling beauty into this tank. It'll probably be a couple weeks before I get the tetras and photos will follow.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

oh goodness the more i see discus the more i want them!!!!!! ughh, have you guys seen Daro31 on the site... not only is his/her tank and photography bar none, but his/her discus are gorgeous!! ... anyway

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

now that's someone who knows how to keep their fish healthy and happy.
spongebob thank you for posting his name to the profile.
Brandon

janus

by janus

Good one thanks. I did find the thinnest fishing line you can imagine it's a slightly green and you can't spot it in the aquarium. So I'm using that since. It takes a second to tighten the plant.

janus

by janus

Same thing here I have a camera but the charger disappeared when my ex moved out.
I was thinking the same background before I used stones.

Anubias Nana

21 posts • Page 2 of 3