Polishing... any thoughts?

15 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

gumbii

by gumbii

what do you guy's want the polishing to do...???

i've seen some tanks that have R/O diaphrams connected to the filter systems... a diatom filter polishes the water, but doesn't take away impurities like that premium carbon does... i would rock the diatom and premium chemical filtration together if i wanted super sparkling water... but since i'm not displaying my tanks to the entire county of los angeles, carbon impregnated marineland cartridges will suffice...

diatoms do a good job like protien skimmers do to saltwater tanks... good carboon/chemical filtration can only do so much... R/O is where it's at if you want some baller clean ass tank... but if the tank water is bah... don't worry about it...

i'm sorry guys... fat tire and newcastle got the best of me tonight... i'm suprized i'm typing legibly...

LeviNHeidi4480

by LeviNHeidi4480

Hell yeah Gumbii. Fat Tire is where it's at. Love to hear from fellow fans! Sorry for wasting forum space.

gumbii

by gumbii

hahahaha... i just drank 2 tweelve packs myself... i'm so fubar... but i'm still rocking out on the fish forums...

to get back on topic... what's zeolite...? i've never heard of it... i'm going to check out some online sites for it right now... but still... oh wait... it zeolite that amonia rid stuff...??? that stuff that API slangs with carbon...??? if it is... i hate that stuff... after it stop working, it causes a huge amonia spike in the bio system... but if it isn't... disregard this comment... LOL...

LeviNHeidi4480

by LeviNHeidi4480

I'm not sure about API, but I definitely have not had any sort of ammonia problem while using it with a carbon mix. Thanks for the heads up though.

gumbii

by gumbii

yeah... it's called amo-chips... so yeah... i hate they...

Polishing... any thoughts?

15 posts • Page 2 of 2