Alasse's Updates

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Alasse

Alasse's Updates

by Alasse

Yeah, havent been around for a while. I sold off some tanks (with some more to go), all tanks had to be fully pulled down, as i moved to a new house.

I have the 5ft running, at the moment it is holding just wood and plants. I also have a 3ft running, it is holding the tropicals that i have kept (some of these will be sold). I have a 2ft running at the old house still while i organise a tank for the fish it is holding.

Today i will be starting to set up my SunSun 2.6ft, i am planning on it being fully planted, and it will house my angel pair and a few tropical ring ins.

Alasse

Re: Alasse's Updates

by Alasse

So havent got far on the 2.6ft.....

Made the gravel stocking fillers and have them in place, these will save one some eco-complete and help with the corner mounds.
Will give the canister a bit of a clean tomorrow, then get it hooked up ready for the fill.
I'll add the eco-complete tomorrow also, + the manzanita wood i got today for the scape. Will scrounge through the rocks i have and see if any will suit the scape, if not i'll hold off until i can find ones i like.

I have ordered a few plants, they should be in this week. Will need to order a heap more for this scape. No stock will be going into it for a little bit as i will be planting some HC, and i dont want fish digging it up while it trying to take root.

This tank will be having CO2 added, as well as regular fertz

I can honestly say this tanks scape has so far cost me more than i have ever paid to fit out a tank, and the costs arent finished yet.....hopefully it will be worth it!!

Alasse

Re: Alasse's Updates

by Alasse

Started on the 2.6ft today.

Filtration - AquaOne canister
Heater - 150W
Lighting - 2x T5HO
Substrate - Eco-complete black
Wood - Manzanita
Rocks - ? Look to be Bluestone
Plants - Various Anubias, Crypt Wendtii & Hairgrass (more to be added over time)

Tank is currently cycling

Will become home to my angel pair, a blue ram and a common BN male

Pics to come

Alasse's Updates

3 posts