I suddenly have two African Frogs -- help, I know nothing!!

13 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I've told her and she doesn't seem to care. She says she loves her turtle and it's swimming in foul water! Some people should be reborn as the pets they have kept. It's heartbreaking. I have so much aquarium stuff in my apt and have offered filters and my help for free and she keeps putting me off. I'm not saying the frogs won't live without an island, I was just thinking of what I would give them. Even frogs that need to live in water usually sit in shallow water where they can rest with their heads out of the water. Many frogs make sounds like peeps, croaks, and the like, and they can't do this under water.

Deuce15663241

by Deuce15663241

I really bothers me that there are so many irresponsible pet owners. I have massive filtration running through my turtles tank and have put more money into his tank than into my bed room haha. I hope you don't think I'm trying to argue with you peter but African dwarf frogs might perch if they have the chance but it's the furthest thing from necessary. Dwarf frogs can live 15-20 years in captivity with no perch. Plus those little buggers have an easy enough time getting out on their own without having the help of a perch so make sure have to have it sealed up nice n' tight.

Check out this site http://allaboutfrogs.org/info/mypets/dwarfs.html
Last edited by Deuce15663241 on Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

No big deal, as long as they're well fed, get along with the other inhabitants, and the tank is clean.

I suddenly have two African Frogs -- help, I know nothing!!

13 posts • Page 2 of 2