Gallons?UK US and litres.

6 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

djsnowman06

by djsnowman06

Hi all im canadian and this gallon talk is martian to me lol just wondering if the rule is 1 ince per us gal or per uk gal. also does this site accept the us or uk as standard. a metric option would be dandy for us canucks there eh? just a suggestion :)

natalie265
Site Admin

Re: Gallons?UK US and litres.

by natalie265

US and UK gallons are pretty close. UK gallons are just a little bit bigger. So, the rule of thumb could probably apply to either measurement. I don't think the website has an official measurement. Liters are frequently used, which Americans can easily convert to gallons if we need that point of reference, and vice versa when americans use gallons. So, that's probably how we'll have to handle it until Americans finally come around and switch over to metric. :)

dream2reef

by dream2reef

yea metric and we talk backwards compared to most languages idk but yea google has a converter and since litre is a lil more you can have a lil more convert it and you'll know how much.

djsnowman06

by djsnowman06

yea make the best of it , im from newfoundland. were the outcasts of canada lol. US make jokes about Canada, Canada makes jokes about us. lol Meanwhile were snickering about the state of both the economies as it didnt affect us all that much haha all in fun tho...

Alasse

by Alasse

Australia works in litres generally, i tend to convert to US gallons because i got sick of being asked by lazy americans "How many gallons is that?"

djsnowman06

by djsnowman06

yea i didnt buy it so i have no idea what the box said lol ... it was given to me used. i have a question, how does ur answer change (dry liq and UK) when the conversion constant (231) not.
eg, 5753.8/231=24.9

6 posts