*** HELP *** All fish swimming at top of water.

13 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

letha

Re: *** HELP *** All fish swimming at top of water.

by letha

I'v done all that !!

I changed the water twice (50%), I've added the 10ml of conditioner for my 20 gal tank. All test show normal or ideal. I'ts hard to believe that all the test would be wrong !

Does anyone here now what I can do to save my fish!

I am new to this, but I dont think that my fish can take more of this.

Okiimiru

by Okiimiru

"I'ts hard to believe that all the test would be wrong !"
A pet store can confirm your test kit's results. If you take a sample of your water to a pet store they will usually test the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate for free.

What if it's something that can't be tested for? A dissolved metal, a phenolic compound? Water changes will dilute it. The one thing you've told me is the fish are swimming gasping at the surface of the water. That means no matter how much you protest, something in their water is hurting them.

"All test show normal or ideal." What are the exact numbers that your test kits are giving you? For example someone once told me that 0.5 ppm of ammonia was normal (it's not). I want to know what these values are that you keep referring to as 'normal' or 'ideal'.

"I dont think that my fish can take more of this."
Then post them as being for free on craigslist. They'll get picked up by someone in a day or two. Then you can finish the rest of your tank's cycle fishless-style. No water changes, no work, no mess, no fuss. Just feeding the tank every day as if there were fish in it, waiting 40 days, and an [accurate] test kit.

letha

by letha

All is right again, everyone is back to their swimming levels.

I went and bought additional penguin water filter to go with my eheim. I cleaned my eheim two days in a row.

Everyone here was right, I was not reading my amonia levels correctly. I took a water sample to the fish store and she took me straight to the filters, I got additional filters for both of the water machines.

I'm really am going to have to watch my tank,
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I now have baby snails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've only found 3 baby snails, so far. I need to research that.

I took my male molly to my daughters and put him in with her snails. Lets hope he doesn't have babies in there. He was always dogging my two females and I have four baby mollies growing fast.

Now the real work begines,
Letha

*** HELP *** All fish swimming at top of water.

13 posts • Page 2 of 2