cycling a freshwater tank to saltwater...

14 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

Angus

so in theory - -can any fish with enough time be aclimated to salt water? i think it would be interesting to see some off the wall freshy swiming around in a salt tank just to blow peoples minds ...LOL big fat lion head goldfish with an anenome LMAO

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

cool man - -consider your self very lucky i ony have 3 LFS with in an hours drive and they all SUCK!!!!! 2 of them lead me blindly striaght into a compleate tank crash - -i'm in recovery right now - - a bout a week left in cycle and then I will start with live stock again - - -im going online for my purchases - -at least they have a 14 day guarentee and some assemblance of acountability to me - -even though we will never speak in person - - pretty sad if you ask me

gumbii

by gumbii

my LFS friend showed me how he aclimates mono's, mollies and puffers to his saltwater setup...

he put them in a bag... floated them... made a hole in the bag so the saltwater mixes with the freshwater... then in an hour he let them go...

that was it... he said that aslong as you go from fresh to salt the fish can handle it...

and i saw him do it friday... the fish were still alive today...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

interesting - - i wold be a little concerned bringing a brackish water fish to straight salt that fast and wouldn't even entertain a fresh to salt especially that fast - -but i'm not going to argue with something that worked - - I'm sure theres other people here that will do that for me, lol - -just exercise caution bud - -snowboss

cycling a freshwater tank to saltwater...

14 posts • Page 2 of 2