Ich Treatment?

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

kristalee

Ich Treatment?

by kristalee

So i bought 4 geophagus surinemsis and they had ich and we did not discover it until they were in my tank and so i had to treat my whole 75 gallon tank. I did a 20% water change tested my water then did a half dose of treatment (i have a ghost knife so couldnt do a whole treatment) I used WHITE SPOT REMOVER PLUS and have had my water temp at 81 for 3-4 days now. It has been over a day since all the white spots came off the fish and they are all looking healthy.

I understand at this temp (81) the life cycle of the ich is 3-4 days, but how long am i actually supose to treat my tank for? Am i suppose to do a 50% water change and re-aply the ich treatment again for another 3-4 days?

any help would be appreciated :)

mcfaddy212000

by mcfaddy212000

If they all look healthy, then you don't need to do another treatment. If its time to do a water change then do it, add charcoal to your filter and run that in there for 3 days to remove your meds

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

Ich treatments can vary. I'd recommend following the directions that came with the medication.

kristalee

by kristalee

Well im allready not following the direction on the bottle as i had to do the half dose because of my ghost knife.

But all the fish look healthy so thats what im wondering about.
It seems i dont need another treatment but i want to be certain because i have snails ans a dwarf frog that need to be put back into the tank so i dont want them to be harmed.

Thanks thought i guess i will just do a 50% water change and add the charcol back in for 3 days and then add my snails and frog back in.

Thanks for replies.

Ich Treatment?

4 posts