overcrowding???

45 posts • Page 5 of 5

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Alasse

by Alasse

Yeah i tend to do the same mate. Although i did buy my last canister and light online...bought it through GuppiesOnline, been great and dirt cheap arrived within 2 days by courier

The 8ft will be awesome for the balas.....filtration, id look at a sump or adding 2x FX5's (expensive!)'. That is a LOT of water and the length, put an FX5 at each end

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

good to hear grease...8 foot will be an awesome home

always good when the tank is long and wide

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

That's a HUGE tank! I don't even know what i'd do with a tank that big. Maybe a big school of silver dollars....

I would also rather pay a little extra and get something from my lfs. I have an amazing lfs that is locally owned by people who are passionate about fish. They are always willing to take the time to answer questions and help any way that they can. I feel lucky to have them.

DanDman18

by DanDman18

Well you're all lucky you have good lfs, mine are all in it for money, and don't know a thing. I end up explaining things to them because they don't know,( they literally though fish only needed to be fed once every two weeks.) I agree that you should support your lfs, if they actually care about the hobby. Around me, they couldn't care less about them, so i buy online. Greasemonkey, good luck with your tanks, i'd love to see your 8x2x2 tank when its done, and i didn't mean to sound like an a-hole, i just hate it when lfs mark up prices ridiculously to catch the uninformed buyers.

greasemonkey24

by greasemonkey24

dandman

so do i they try and rip me off with elec yellows they have them at 7cm long and want $22 each haha say its a great deal i have a private dealer a few blocks away who sells to me at $10 for the same size, i have a lfs owner who lives a few houses up but only does goldfish,guppies and koi oh and reptiles but doesnt order in filters and other products as they sit in his store for months he has only just got established for a daytime hobby as he is like a million yrs old (not really like 70 odd) but if asked him if he will order special items for me and says no probs oh and he could have got my filter for $300 im kicking myself now but oh well

im thinking 2x fx5s will be great so i have them on order will be here in just under a week cant wait, an 8ft is huge to me but my breeder has 150 breeding yellows in a 13 ft x2 x2 yes thats right 13ft its huuuuge, an runs 3 cannister filters nt sure what but ill ask . my lfs owner loves giving advice an tips but hard to talk to as the poor bloke has minor alzeimers and cnt remember what u said to him yesterday i go in an help him for free (in return he gives me advice) 4 days a week :) thats how i got into fish.

overcrowding???

45 posts • Page 5 of 5