Filter duration

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Rohan21

Filter duration

by Rohan21

The UG filter and sponge filter always operate in my tank but while feeding my fishes i turn off all the filters just to avoid the misplacement of the pellets.After 5-10 mins i turn on the internal power filter for 3-4 hours and then turn it off and starts the sponge and UG filter again. Is this a safe method? Would it harm or kill the beneficial bacterias if the sponge and UG filters are powered off for 3-4 hours(for day and for night again 3-4 hours during feeding i.e. total of 7-8 hours per day)?

Please advice

DanDman18

by DanDman18

I just have a few question, why do you turn on only the power filter after 10-15 minutes and not the others, and then why after the three hours do you turn it off when you turn on the sponge filter?

Alasse

by Alasse

You really should leave them running 24/7, bacteria will die off, the longer they are off the more you lose.

Just get a floating feeding ring, that will solve the misplacement issue

Rohan21

by Rohan21

@ DanDman18

Just to avoid misplacement of foods. i powered it off as i as told by the LFS that if i run a power filter 24x7 it will burn the motor :(

@ Alasse

DanDman18

by DanDman18

Running a power filter should not burn out the moter unless you have a very poor filter, i recomened what Alasse said. What kind of power filter are you running? Also how big of a tank?

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

LFS salespeople should not be working in a LFS

immediately, the moment you read this response, turn on the filters and leave them on 24/7

Filter duration

6 posts