New Tank Questions

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

MayhemMonkey

New Tank Questions

by MayhemMonkey

Well I'm helping my aunt set up her 55 gallon tank and she wanted some type of cichlid.

I suggested parrot fish and then she also wanted to add 6 or more Red Long Fin Minor Tetras and 5 or more False Bandit Cories. I wanted to know if this would be an okay set-up. And how many Parrots to add, if there are any other natural/non dyed colors besides the Blood Red, if they will get along with the other fish, and any other information on Parrots you may have.

She also wants to use Black Moon Sand and have a mixture of live and fake plants, would that be fine as well for the specific fish she wants.

DanDman18

by DanDman18

Well in regards to natural colored parrot fish, they are not a natural fish to begin with, and i personaly don't agree with keeping them, but no there is not other color without dye, and as for keeping them with other fish the parrots might eat them if they are much smaller. If you want black sand, then i suggest good lighting because black doesn't reflect as much light, and also youre going to want good lighting for the live plants. Hope this helps.

New Tank Questions

2 posts