Fish Identification Help

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Zilous

Fish Identification Help

by Zilous

Hey there guys, been around here for some time browsing aquariums, always using them as inspiration for my own tank. (Jumped from 10 gallon to 55 thanks to a good offer, lots of maintenance in comparison, however.) I've had these fish for a while, and I've browsed on and off for weeks trying to determine what in the world they are since I cannot for the life of me recall where I bought them or what they are. The reason I ask is because they've grown to be extremely hostile to my fish, and no longer resort to just sticking to the top level of the aquarium like they used to. Any information in regards to these fish are appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS-hLifPO0E
In the video, I'm looking to find out what the two long fish are (I have five), or shoot- even what they are doing for that matter. The blood parrots went bye-bye after they continued to get more edgy with fish as I'm looking to have a safe aquarium for all fish, and they just grew to be aggressive. They are cichlids after all. I also removed/audioswapped the audio since there was nonstop chatter when I asked for silence.

Thanks!
63d74-IMG_20110531_194117.jpg

Alasse

by Alasse

They look like a type if panchax/killifish

Zilous

by Zilous

Wow, the position of the fins really do resemble a panchax. I was looking for more common names considering I had to have bought it from local pet store, I wouldn't of expected this species in the west coast since I've read they were common in the east coast.

Reading more on them would definitely explain how they grew aggressive as they literally grew. Thanks, Alasse, this definitely helps out!

carbondog

by carbondog

They are Golden Wonder Killifish? That's about all that I know about them though, sorry.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod ... catid=1893

that link is a good bet Alasse is correct

Zilous

by Zilous

Once again guys and/or gals, thanks for the help- They definitely appear similar to the Golden versions of Killifish.

Fish Identification Help

6 posts