Cost of 55 gallon saltwater aquarium setup please help!

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

xmazz31x

by xmazz31x

I want to know a really rough estimate for 20lbs of liverock, a 3 inch thick sandbed, a protien skimmer, and anything else I may need. Please post every item to buy so I know how much I will need and I will be getting these parts one at a time. starting with the tank and filter and ending with the livesand. I also wnat to know if I can keep my Snowflake eel in there when he gets bigger and if I can turn his old home (a 29 gallon biocube) into a reef only tank or a hospital tank or a idk tank for random things that are to small for my big tank to keep until they can be kept with my eel. Also, my eel is about 10 in long right now how long would you estimate I have until he needs a new tank? Also, are anemones hard to take care of and can I keep one in my biocube with a clown and my eel? Please help me I can't find any help.

itsanono

by itsanono

no reply here?... that sucks...

try http://jdak.net/m/

dream2reef

by dream2reef

lmao you and your plugs jdak

Okiimiru

by Okiimiru

I don't keep saltwater but figured if everyone on this forum helped a little bit then maybe your question could get answered. So I used google a bit:

This source says cured live rock costs $6 to $8 a pound: http://www.melevsreef.com/overview.htm

dream2reef

by dream2reef

No experience here google knows all.

pnavarro170

by pnavarro170

jeez okay ill tell you the cheap way. for a tank go cheap petsmart whatever craigslist. just the tank should be 40-80 bucks. if your not keeping corals then whatever light is fine (20-40bucks). dont really need a regular filter but it wont hurt. get a good protein skimmer octopus for about 100 bucks. you can get dry rock for 50 bucks and just buy a few lbs of live to seed it. sand get some dry then some live. bout 50 bucks. you need more flow so go to ebay and buy a powerhead 20 bucks.

6 posts