bulbs burning out electronic ballasts!

1 post

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

doogle

by doogle

coralife 10,000k high intesity - super daylight 18''t-5... will burn out all glass aquarium fluorescent light strips... the common ones that come w aqueon and top fin 20 gallon and others. they say 19 watts on the back... i bought this bulb, put it in...awesome light, haPPY right?... went to the store ...25 minutes later i came home to a burning smell and no light coming from my 20gallon. the next mnorning i talked to the manager at petsmart who i told i thought it might be the bulb. i was told it was a lemon light strip.sinceit was within 60 days they gave me a whole new hood.i went home put in a coralife high intensity super daylight 15w, 18'' t-5... sat down and watched the beautiful light get dimmer after five minutes and then burn out the new light strip...needless to say i gave up on the bulb and reported my story and got another new light strip. aqueon bulb is 8000k, ge aquaray saltwater freshwater is 9325k...they work... a power glo is 18000k, it works. so im left with a mystery to solve, and a warning to others about this bulb+fixture failure. any thoughts?

1 post