Vertical Tank Questions

15 posts • Page 2 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Alasse

by Alasse

The tall tank is doable, but you will need aerators in it in the form of a bubble wand (or 2) or similar, this will keep the depth well oxygenated and keep the water moving. Guppies or Platys would do ok in the tank

mankup007

by mankup007

Yes thanks for helping me again, I am very happy and feeling good that, I am getting help in a way I was hoping. I have asked this question because I am planning to make a new aquarium as, I have made my old vertical tank. I am thinking to make an aquarium of 6 feet long, 3 feet wide, and 3 feet in height. Since it will be 403.95 gallon tank and I want to make this so that I don't have any space and water problem for my fish.

Thanks yasherkoach and Alasse for replying, since I have an air pump in which one air stone always runs, since it is a winter time here in India so I was not running the air stone for much time, but now I can run it for about all the time. I am also trying to keep my fish as good and healthy as I can. Lets hope for the good and nice.

I also want to run one topic on this 403.95 Gallon tank because, I will make this by myself and I want to clear many confusion about the tank making. I have so many questions because of this I have to start one full post.

Thanks in advanced bye bye take care....

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

just make sure the silicone or whatever bond you do use will support the weight of the water...in a 55 gallon tank, it is 600 pounds...in a 403 gallon tank, the weight of the water will be about 4,200 poinds of water...that is, four thousand and 200 pounds that doe snot include all the stuff you may place in the tank like rock, gravel, wood, gadgetry which will probably bring the total weight to 4,500 pounds

will be a nice tank if you can pull it off, just make sure it will hold the water weight or else the room will become a small pool

mankup007

by mankup007

thanks for replying yasherkoach and other guys, Yes I will research more on making that kind of tank. Since for me that tank is quite big and first of all I have to see each and everything like from joining to putting fish in it. The weight is also one big problem, and I don't know that the tank can be stick with the regular aquarium silicone or something else will be needed.

Thanks in advanced.

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

I think 10-12 guppies or platties could live happily in that tank.

Wow--400 gallons?! That's huge! What do you have in mind to put in it?

Vertical Tank Questions

15 posts • Page 2 of 2