Green tank

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

tinadno

Green tank

by tinadno

Hey everyone I have a 70 gallon tank and one of my fish seemed to be growing a fungus so I took out the carbon from the filter and treated the tank with an antifungal medication. The ingredients warns you that it may stain some things green which I already was aware of and I've never had a problem with before. So after the treament I did a 50% water change and put new media in the filter....well my tank is still green 3 days later and I'm not sure why. Should I do another water change til it clears? I have a good filter (fluval 405) running on it brand new so I know its not the filter problem....the green just wont go away! Any suggestions? And yes I did put the correct amount of medication in when it was treated - 7 packets (1 packet per 10 gallon) Let me know what ya think and check out the picture.
9474c-004.JPG

Alasse

by Alasse

I would keep using carbon (changed as soon as i noticed it was not pulling anymore as its probably exhausted) until the green was pulled out

tinadno

by tinadno

ok thanks

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I agree with Alasse, the carbon will clear the green out...carbon will last a good 6 weeks, so keep replacing the carbon until the water is clear

beachhoppr

by beachhoppr

I wonder if you would benefit from a UV sterilizer?

Green tank

5 posts