Tank problem with Nitrite And Ammonia

14 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Hi there, congrats on starting in the hobby. A question I had was about the ph, if you have 7.6, is that before or after the decreaser? Furthermore why would you add it? Do you have high ph in tap? Or trying to achieve 7ph? I'm sure everyone sees where I'm going with this I may miss the next post.

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

dream2reef is making a good point. Lowering your ph is probably unnecessary. Most fish will do just fine at that ph. If you DO need to lower it, there are better and more natural ways to do it than by using that ph down stuff, which i think is pretty bad stuff.

Alasse

by Alasse

Please do not play with your PH. It really isnt necessary to do so with the majority of fish.

PH swings can cause far more trouble than leaving the PH alone

frinklinduds

by frinklinduds

okay thanks for the advice, and yes i was trying to make it a little lower but i kind of figured it wasnt to necessary, the 10 gallon now has ammonia level at 0 - .25 ppm aswell as in the 7gallon but the nitrite levels are way, way up there now. Both are dark pink within a minute or 2, 5+ ppm. Is there anything else i can do with this or just wait it out

Tank problem with Nitrite And Ammonia

14 posts • Page 2 of 2