ick in my saltwater tank 45gal.

20 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jdak702

by jdak702

I wouldn't worry about the pH swing as much as aquaman does. As long at it stays above 8.2 or even 8. Raising your alkalinity will stabilize your pH but that is something I haven't worried about in my FO tank. I also have a reef and FO tank. I think you will see better results in days but don't let that fool ya because the ich isn't over yet. As a puffer owner myself, I gotta mention that a 45g is kind of small for the life of this species. Good for now tho. They will exceed 12" and get fat:)

jerimeb

by jerimeb

i agree 45 is small plan on going bigger.... but ive just fought this tank so much i dont kn ow if i have the patince to keep running with it. so what shoul i do in the mean time w/ the 45gal. im kinda confused..

jdak702

by jdak702

Ok, what i would do is just worry about hypo and sense that will take a bit of water changes, watch the pH and buff when needed. Keep the salinity below 1.015. Are you able to get a refractometer or now? It technically isn't safe to lower the salinity to 1.009 with a hydrometer because it could be several points off. But if you are willing to do it, it will be a better attempt than nothing. So your target is to get salinity to 1.009 or 1.010. Wait until a month after the last seen ich. Then you can slowly bring salinity back up. Raising salinity is harder for fish to adjust than lowering it. So just start topping off with saltwater after treatment and that will eventually bring salinity up to normal.

jerimeb

by jerimeb

very nice, ill do that and keep you updated. going to go get a refractometer. thanks a bunch, would like to see some pics of the reef n fishtank, my e mail is jerimebennett@yahoo.com.

jerimeb

by jerimeb

just went to your web page, thats pretty bad ass! how do i show you mine? the ones one this site arnt to good got some real nice new ones. anyways very nice

jdak702

by jdak702

You should post some pics on my imageboard. Did you get a chance to look at that? Much has been updated in the last day or two and even within the last hours i have been working on it. Did you watch my video?

dream2reef

by dream2reef

stupid silly question but heat treatment doesn't work or bad for inverts? what? Just curious.

jerimeb

by jerimeb

months ago i took everything out of the tank and took the temp up to 90 for 3 weeks, just trying everything in the beging of the ick prob. that didnt work. im doing better now with ick finally! thanks jdak! no questions stupid!

itsanono

by itsanono

this is jdak. i am at my own forum at jdak.net
Admin banned me so you can chat there with me.

jerimeb

by jerimeb

sorry back to work so ive been busy! i just got a 90 with a 20 gal sump!so pumped!!!!!!!your pics and videos bad ass, im going to post some pics on your imageboard asap, im not too computer litterate. how would you go about transfering the reeftank from the 55gal to the new 90 gal? im so pumped but scared...im going to get 60 lbs of new sand,40or50lbs of new live rock. then take all my reef 100lbs of rock 80lbs of sand to the new one. whats the best way in your opion to go about this? thanks!

ick in my saltwater tank 45gal.

20 posts • Page 2 of 2