question about a test kit ?

12 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

nicholas542

by nicholas542

no it's a saltwater kit for my old reeftank API has specific test kits for saltwater and freshwater apparently. They don't come with color charts for both so I can't use my saltwater kit and get accurate results. Oh and Yasher isn't cladophora more of a moss than an algae. I thought cladophora is the same species that LFS call moss-balls ?

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

it is similar to moss balls but are not as compact round rather than spread out in all directions, but yes, very similar. The cladophora I have grown in teh tank came completely natural by using natural sunlight and water, as long as it is pruned each Sunday, it is a marvelous plant-like addition to any tank

on the freshwater kit...it would be wise if you can get a complete new line of freshwater kits: ammonia, nitrie, nitrate, and ph...run you about $40.00 offline/$25.00 online plus shipping...all the test kits come with freshwater charts

the day you get those 4 test kits, be sure to test your tap water first then your aquarium water so you know exactly how to handle your water changes

question about a test kit ?

12 posts • Page 2 of 2