Trashing my canister...

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jdak702

Trashing my canister...

by jdak702

I have been using a canister for the last 4 years and the tank is pretty much mature at this point. I am thinking of taking the canister off and just going filterless besides a skimmer. The only thing i use my canister for is floss and carbon. Hopefully i will get a reactor soon to run carbon but will my water stay so clean and polished without my canister? Anybody with experience, please let me know.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Do you have have any experience with Ionizers? I've seen them on sale and this and that. Ask the LPS and they just whisper, "I can order you on of those." I'm pretty sure they must do what they say they do. I'm into sciencer and construction quit a bit and thought about building one?

dream2reef

by dream2reef

The guy who actually made me really want to frag and what-not 8 years ago had a tank the "LPS" sales sharks said he couldn't. One that had no filter or bubbles completely self-contained. It was awesome! Even blows a blackwater tank out of the water. I've not seen a pic like that on here yet jus sayin. I'd love to find that guy now. Anyhow I'm blabbing now so yea idk

Trashing my canister...

3 posts