Ammonia Question??

11 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

And one other thing, to leave 5 gallon buckets out overnight is all fine and good...but why tank all that time when all you need is to buy a $5.00 little bottle (100 ML) of Prime that should last you for about 3 months if used correctly in a 10 gallon tank?

BUt hey, your choice. Some people like take the painstaking route. I do water changes, 8 gallons each time on a Thursday and a Sunday of the 55 gallon tank, on Thursday, just for a water change it takes me about 5-7 minutes. Done. On Sunday, I prune the naturally growing algae (cladophora), clean the interior glass slightly for I have snails that do most of the work for me, I make sure the Penguin Marineland 200 and 350 is fine, I check the 1,000 gph water flow pump, and then I do the water change. I clean the exterior glass, and I do not feed on this day because fish do best to go without food for one day for it cleans their digestive systems out, all this takes me about 20 minutes. So for about 30 minutes a week, the tank is replenished with all it needs.

The other 167 hours and 30 minutes I get to enjoy the wonders of fish keeping. Try it sometime pal, the fish hobby is an extroardinary adventure, it's like having a bit of oceanic paradise in your house.

Sit back and get to know the personalities of your fish. You'll be glad you did. Good day friend

Ammonia Question??

11 posts • Page 2 of 2