I just setup my fist saltwater tank, I have a few questions:
1. I used the premix water, how long do I have to wait for the cycling?
2. How do I know the "Live rock" is "alive"?
3. Do I need to put "food" for the rock?
4. What would be the first live stock I put into the tank?
I have a 24g hano cube, surface skimmer, and added treament to speed up the cycling.
I am very new to this, sorry for the questions that might sound dumb. thanks
Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.
- Posts: 382
- Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:26 am
- Posts: 211
- Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:45 am
I've never used TLC's brand, but I have used Instant Oceans version of bacteria additive and it worked very well. My ammonia levels skyrocketed to 4 ppm (!!) when I cycled my saltwater tank so I bought the additive to get it under control. Ammonia dropped to 0 in three days. I don't know much about live rock, but I'm pretty sure that if you see stuff growing on it, it's probably living. As for stocking the tank, check out this website http://www.nano-reef.com/ . It has quite a bit of information on what fish and inverts you can get for your nano. Hope this helped!