Can someone please explain to me how this fish died?

38 posts • Page 4 of 4

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Sounds like that might have something to do with it. Mine keeps my 100 gallon pretty clean and it also eats flakes and loves eating krill if it can get one before the other fish do. It orange poop when it eats krill too.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

My pleco is wonderful at cleaning the small amount of green algae from my 100 gallon, and it also loves freeze dried krill if it can get one before the other fish do. Krill is one of my favorite foods to feed to my fish. It is very non-dense, which means that it's hard for my fish to gluttonize themselves. It takes time for the krill to compress and it's the main food I feed all my fish in my 100 gallon. Compared to Hikari carnivore sticks which are very dense and swell up after the fish eat it, krill ends up haveing the fish produce much less waste for me to have to manage.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

As far as the origonal person who started this topic goes, I bet they're not looking at this topic anymore. The fish died over a month ago and Sunflower girl hasn't posted since Feb 20. I guess I'm talking to myself as I made the last 3 posts!!!!!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

im reading PK........lol

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I took my 14 inch arowana back. That guy was PISSED!!! He was trying to jump out of the bucket the whole way back to the store. Good thing I had a lid. Silver arowanas are not very nice fish I've discovered. They don't get tame like my other fish do, they scare the other fish, nip at them sometimes, and they always look pissed off. Never again!!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

dang - - - - i dont think i want a 14 inch pissed off anything in my tank......lol

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I was trying to tame him by feeding krill to him by hand and he would lunge and bite as hard as he could. I had to stop feeding him this way because, frankly, it scared me. The whole tank has taken on a more community feeling now. The Florida gars arn't staying on the bottom as they were and are now hanging out much of the time in the middle of the tank, and now that I took the male tilapia who was being too aggressive with a smaller female in another tank and put him in with a female that is twice his size into the 100 gallon he's learning how to treat a lady with a bit more respect. These two tilapia are digging holes in the gravel and seem to be great friends now. It seems all is well in my 100 gallon now. 6 inch pleco zooms around and munches algae and everybody gets freeze dried krill in the morning and sometimes at night. The Florida gars started eating the krill without any coercion and yada yada yada!

Sunflowergirl

by Sunflowergirl

Hi all,
Thanks for all of your advice and input. I really appreciate it. I have since reduced the salt in the tank to only 1 tbsp per 10 gallons ( I previously had twice that amount). I purchased a golden nugget pleco a few weeks ago and he seems alot more lively than the other guy was. So far, so good. Thanks again!

Can someone please explain to me how this fish died?

38 posts • Page 4 of 4