Any takers?

31 posts • Page 3 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

by FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

im messin around dude lighten up

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

lol all fun n games no one is mad here , also inever used those canisters so idk sorry.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

COMON NOW!!! QIUT FOOLIN' AROUND WITH MY PRECIOUS USER NAME......DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!:-)
O.K Back to business now..

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

agree

snowboss

by snowboss

wow this was a good post . . i would be interested to see more of the "top ten" mistakes made from others though

I am adding this to clarify that when I said "HOT" salt water i didn't mean temperature [my bad] I meant "hot" in the respect that it was not compleatly disolved and integated - -basically I was putting water with salt in it into the tank rather than salt water into the tank....if that makes sense, man now I'm really talking in circles eh? lol

On a side bar....my wife thinks your screen name is great Sonny .. LMAO

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

i think alot of people make mistakes because, people fail to read on the hobby.not only read but understand . i know good books are costly but the cost of the book is nothing compared to livestock.also reading the right book will save you time,money,and a headache{also talking to the right people}.i have seen many people get out of the hobby in less then 3 years. because they wher not willing to learn. i dont know if this helps or not but it could save you from making ten mistakes! any ?s on this post feel free.....

FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

by FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

I saw books in the LFS for like $20 and$30 bucks. I found the same books in my public library. It's worth a shot peopless

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

good find what books are they? try a book by anthony calfo ..book of propagation. goes byond the basics. you will learn every thing you need to know

FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

by FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

well i started with salt water aquariums for dummies, as cliche as that sounds, but it was a pretty comprehensive book by Greg Skomal. He's a marine biologist so he knows his stuff and didn't make it sound too complicated for normies(family guy) lol Then i went on to another book by him called "your happy healthy pet" Salt water aquarium. Right now I watching a dvd by Paul Talbot that I bought off ebay for 1/2 price. Good stuff . I learned a cool tip about live rock. This guy had like 120 gallon and had a wet/dry with bio balls and couldn't figurre out why algae was growing out of control in his reef tank. It turns out with all the tech gadgets and everything this guy had for filtration, he wound up having to remove the bio balls and algae problem corrected. Reason: the bacteria breaking down "you know lol" was creating too much nitrate but not only that. The live rock has nitrifying bacteria parralell to de-nitrifying bacteria creating nitrate gas. Now the bio balls are creating nitrate as well. hence removing them evened out the levels and wallaa! too much info sorry, You can see why my tank is so basic...i want to know stuff before i start adding livestock

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

nice post

Any takers?

31 posts • Page 3 of 4