Octo Reef DNBW vs. NBW

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Fixer10499

Octo Reef DNBW vs. NBW

by Fixer10499

I've looked a bunch of skimmers and for your dollar it seems that the Octo Reef is the best bet. But now more choices! Arg, DNBW 150 vs NBW 150? This is a for a 70 gallon craigs list special that I'm still waiting to find. I hope to buy all the filtration parts slow so the wifey doesn't notice how insanely expensive this hobby is. But here it is, I have a 30 FOWLR w/25 lbs LR and 25 lbs LS, that will became a DIY sump and refugium. But plenty of room (I hope) to put it in sump or out and I want something that's going to be quiet and easy(ya right don't we all). I'm buying slow so I can buy right. Any help? Thanks ahead!

fihsboy

by fihsboy

The D just means it can be used inside the sump or externally.......For example.....I am using the DNWB-110 right now on my 45.......and its more than enough to do the job. I can run it outside or inside the sump.....but because I cracked a pipe and caused a slow leak.......I just run it in my sump rather then buy a 40 dollar piece.....I would get the DNWB-150.....its going to give you more options in the long run. Any more questions ask away

Octo Reef DNBW vs. NBW

2 posts