hustling corals...

22 posts • Page 2 of 3

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

Pimp and i are gonna fix that though - - i want to get some frag tanks going here at the house............................ ive been talking to her about maybe consigning a couple of her displays and maybe pushing some simple hardy corals to start in this area - - who knows eh?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

We have a store here that sells INSANE corals, stuff thats been bred in captivity that no one else has......Problem is.......they cost a fortune. They have a 600 gallon frag tank that has everything from a 5 dollar section to a 200+ section.And they have a red sea mad 65 gallon tank that has nothing but exotics in it.....japanese LPS that are just insane. But again.........150+ for a single coral.

gumbii

by gumbii

what's wrong with that...?

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

PFFFT you guys have it easy, shit round here is so dear in OZ especially exotic.
Clams for example, cant get a shit brown one for less then $350

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:28 pm GMT Reply

damp shipping...?

the thing is that we're trying to sell this stuff fast... so cash is needed... and we don't have a paypal account...

i'm down to ship you guys polyps... i've gotten polyps shipped in shop towels before.. is that what you mean as damp shipping...?

Exactly what i mean, You can stick a shitload of corals in one bag,There will be no water to foul,Temps will be more stable and you will save a bunch of money on the shipping cost.
Wish i was closer, I would come shopping=)
I have a Exotic LPS dealer here,There are many 250 dollar per polyp,And the shit is extraordinary.
Thats funny Puffed your so close to the reef,and yet you guys still get fucked.I dont understand it.

gumbii

by gumbii

just like us with the california king snake... we have to pay $Texas for one even though i see them in my backyard...

Gldntrmite8894

by Gldntrmite8894

Suppose i'm lucky here in Saint Louis, we now have 4 LFS on top of all the damn Petco and Petsmarts. Granted the petco/petsmart doesn't stock coral just fish however i've found bargains at both. Prices vary at all the LFS for coral however I consider location and how exotic the piece is. Most expensive i've seen localy was $4-500 for a few pieces last year and can't remember what they were. However i can get frags for $15 -30, most everything else is $40-150 a piece.

gumbii

by gumbii

you never heard of jasan fox... look up www.worldwidecorals.com and go to lps... check out the "my miami hurricane" and another chalice with his name... i'm getting a frag for 250 from a buddie that has it...

on ebay an eye sold for $2,000 plus shipping...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

World Wide corals is SICK! The only think I dont like about them.........they keep just there actinics on during business hours. They cut a deal for my local reef club as a group.....but damn........they are still expensive. Theres a dude in my club that has just about every major acropora there is........and he will frag a piece for almost nothing. So I start everthing like that.......its a lot cheaper. :)

gumbii

by gumbii

i have alot of friends like that... includes jose casas, steve garrett, tony hyun and other big league known reefers... we're all supposed to go fishing later today...

hustling corals...

22 posts • Page 2 of 3