overdosing lugols solution?

20 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Its a lot easier in the long run. IF your tank is in a permanent place and you dont mind cutting a whole in your cieling and roof.....its a perfect idea! Think about this.......If you have a 6 foot tank your running 3 250 halides....thats 750 watts an hour your running on your tank. Thats a LOT. Thats like running your AC almost. SO you install solar tubes over your tank.....space them every two feet and they will cover that effectively just like a halide. Difference is......its sunlight what corals really love......no timers.......no bulbs........no ballasts.........no heat transfer.....no energy sucking out of your house. It would pay for itself within a year or two.

Heres a link

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showt ... id=1457056

fihsboy

by fihsboy

BTW.....ive been doing a LOT of research.....I have to give a presentation in my local reef club of 50+ about green reefing this upcoming year.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Blue not sur the homo sexual part is right.
LOL only with you

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

dude! i got rid of my red slime algae and now ive got brown stringy algae all over everything ... wtf........ i guess im gunna have to get a PO4 test kit , see if anything is goin wrong there and bump my clean up crew a little bit, ne thoughts?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

What are you feeding how often and how much? My advice to you is.......no matter how much algae your snails eat......they still poop. Poop in turn creates algae.....just producing the same problem you added them for in the first place.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

IF it makes you feel better...........I just got my first strains of Bryopsis.....aka hair algae. I saw two little strains about the size of a snail.....blacked out my tank for the day and did a 25 gallon water change.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

i feed the corals every few days and i feed my fish one daily at night, one cube of either brine, mysis, blood, tubiflex

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Try to feed your corals once a week, like every sunday. I WAS doing that.......then I went to twice a week......and now I am having problems. (DOH!!! *slaps head*)

Gldntrmite8894

by Gldntrmite8894

Exactly, i started with one a week feedings then went to twice and same thing, ended up with more issues. I now feed on Friday / any dosing or water change on mondays... figure if the corals are fat and happy after eating they won't be as disturbed by the water changes... I know i'm happier after my feedings!!! LMAO

fihsboy

by fihsboy

haha nice. I usually feed extensively every other sunday when its water change week.......then I do a very large water change. Basically the same concept. Feed heavy, and change half the water.

overdosing lugols solution?

20 posts • Page 2 of 2