okay, fresh post, dying zooanthids

17 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

welll. technically theres only 2 splits but there this THING i guess you could call it, it looks like just the foot of a nem without the tenticals or whatever..... it moved under my flat rock about 2 or 3 months ago and its just been there every since, hasnt moved, growed, nothin......... idk what it is really haha, the old nem looks like a twin of the new one tho, do you still have just the 29 gallon tank?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Nah, I upgrade to a 45 gallon and tore down the 29 and gave everything away, figured this hobby is way to expensive....may as well help someone out. going mostly sps. and a few LPS. ( I love my hammer coral) I bought a hammer coral last month with two heads, and its got 12 more coming off of it now. :) they are tiny but they are starting to build skeleton behind them, which is exciting! I know how you feel! Its like having your first born, but not as exciting im sure.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

someone at hte lfs put a hammer wih prolly..... umm..... 15 heads in the cheapest section of the frag tank just to get it out of the way, i took advantage of seeing a hammer in the 4.99 section and bought it in a hurry, ive got a MAJOR red slime problem now, i just bought some chemiclean which is designed to work for it, im starting to see a little bit of results after 48 hours or so, i was told to turn the skimmer off and remove any carbon filtration, so i turned the skimmer off but i really dont wanna drag my fx5 out and take out the carbon.......real hassle.......... thats right, i remember oyu posting pictures of that 45, you need to post more, i wish i had a good camera so ppl could actually see what mine looks like, im fixin to have to start scraping coraline off of the glass cuz is obstructing the view

fihsboy

by fihsboy

siphon the red slime directly out and do a water change. I would keep the skimmer on. The best way to rid red slime is to siphon it straight out constantly. I had it about a year ago for two months. It SUCKED!

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

dang.......... 3 days after the application.......... 90% of slime is GONE........ did nothing but turn the skimmer off and add the appropriate amount of chemiclean.........that shit WORKS!

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I have a friend who used it and he overdosed it and it killed a lot of stuff. Glad it worked for you though! :)

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ugh dude tell me that before i do it! lol im following the directions word for word, finishing up my 20% water change today, ill prolly add about 70% of the reccommended dose to kill anything off that the first wave didnt get

okay, fresh post, dying zooanthids

17 posts • Page 2 of 2