Brown algae

14 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

peterkarig

by peterkarig

With my smaller fish in my other planted tank I feed once a day.

I could feed the gars every 2-3 days if I wanted, as they're large fish and are naturally used to going days without eating if the fish they eat in the wild are not able to be found.

They also can just either lie on the ground or lie like logs at the top to conserve energy. They're ambush predators like alligators and can stay motionless for long periods, that is unless they're trying to get my attention.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

cool, have you tried too put in a sturgion? they grow big like .... 18 inches and If its the kind of Gars that come from the mississippi sturgens are like best buds there so many of them

mro2you2

by mro2you2

Or a cat fish like the shovelnose cat fish?

peterkarig

by peterkarig

I already scored big to just find these in CA where they're not legal, and I don't like seeing them in aquarium stores because I know 99% of them are probably doomed and they would make a mess out of a native CA lake's fish.

I don't want anymore fish in this tank. I have 2 smaller males and 1 18 inch female, and a 6 inch tilapia, which cleans up any food that the gars don't eat.

They're happy in this grouping and more fish would just mean more frequent water changes which are a pain in the ass.

Brown algae

14 posts • Page 2 of 2