my tank

14 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

vauno

by vauno

hello, they said in shop its 210L, 62 gallon, but i think it could be 55 gallon

peterkarig

by peterkarig

the neons love being in schools, but I don't know about the temperment of the cichlid, someone else might.

The pleco will eventually get huge though, like a foot or more long.

Seems to me you have a lot of fish, though if they seem to have room and are happy?????

Take it slow in my opinion. The more fish the more nitrates will build up and that could cause algae issues. Do your nitrate tests and water changes to keep the level down. The plants won't use up the nitrates nearly as fast as the fish poop and such will produce.

I have tones of plants in my tanks and I need to do frequent water changes, about 30% each time, anyway, and I don't have as many fish either. My most heavely planted tank is 30 gallons, but I have like half or less fish than you have.

vauno

by vauno

well the 2x rosy barb, 2x black skirt tetra, 2x xray tetra and 2 other fish cant remember want they are, they are my little girls fish, her tank had cracked so had to put them in this one, now i have tried and tried to catch them for her new tank cant as they go under the plants and cant get them,

do u think should cut dowm on the fish??

there is never no fighting or anthing and they seem happy

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

I agree w/PK that less is more. Not advising you to get rid of fish necessarily, but to keep an eye on things. If you are deciding whether or not to add corys, remember that they like to be kept in schools. And above all, keep up on your water changes.

my tank

14 posts • Page 2 of 2