SAND OR PLANTS WANTED

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

SAND OR PLANTS WANTED

by blueshoes2208

i was wondering if anyone out there would like to sell any of their sand from their display tank or refugium if its been set up for a while. I just noticed that when i siphoned out the algae today, in which worked amazingly well.... and fast.... that i got a little bit of sand out too but i was like hey oh well i could always use more sand. my bed is only like 3 inches right now.
I was also wondering if anybody had maidens hair/ turtle grass or smooth leaf red kelp on rock, dont know the actual name but its this : http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_dis ... pcatid=664

Does anybody have any opinions on keeping plants in the display tank as opposed to the fuge, my chateo algae is growing rediculously lol and its in my display, im using it to help with the nitrates. I just thought plants owuld be a cheaper form of decoration as opposed to corals. thoughts?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

where the hell do u find all of this lol

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

you know i never thought i would say this but in reality im in need of a heater.... my tank has been staying around 70.8 degrees lately..... which is over the past 3 months or so........ rediculous, in the winter i was worried of over heating at 84 degrees and in the summer, when its 101 outside my tank is too cold... wtf..... what are good heaters???

fihsboy

by fihsboy

haha. I have bought from that first website. They are based in florida off the gulf coast. Pretty good place. Shipping is quick.....I ordered Chaeto and it was FULL of amphipods. along with mangroves. Unfortunatlely I dont have them anymore........or I would just send you some. But if you want display plants thats a GREAT place. The second one....I post on the reef tank and thought that was a pretty cool concept. Reef central also has stuff on macro algae and grass tanks. I just post on all the various forums...... Haha you talk about gathering a lot of knowledge from a lot of different people. Each forum group has there own (beliefs) its somewhat funny. You go to RC and its full of people that LOVE vodka dosing.......go to thereeftank and they dispise the vodka. its interesting to see everyones opinion......and it makes you wonder.........if everyone uses such different methods......is there really a right way?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Jagger....or a titanium.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

lol that website sells NITRATE............. who in the f**k would want to dose nitrate! I think my 30 ppm is enough to support plants for now....

fihsboy

by fihsboy

if you have a macro algae dominated tank......nitrate may be needed to keep some of them alive. Most sea grass tanks only have pipe fish and seahorses........which dont generate enough wastes to feed the algaes. So its basically saltwater macro algae fertilizer. haha.

SAND OR PLANTS WANTED

8 posts