YOU HAVE TO BE FUCKEN JOKING ME

16 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

without sounding like an ass bud,

at this point you can't do anymore damage, so yeah if you can get some established sand i would, do you have another tank? i would put the old sand in some buckets and let it die off then rinse and add it back gradually to your tank with your friends sand in it.

if you have a lot of shocked sand you may be dealing with anorobic rot for a long time..............might be safer and quicker to basically start again

scrub you rock and your and it should be fine, add your mates sand and put your fish in your tank and from there slowly start adding your old sand in phases after you rinse it like a crazy man -- - over a few weeks and just deal with new cycles - your a few months out from corals again

do you or anybody you know have a UV sterilizer? I have a big one but i think it would be to late by the time you could get it from here. if you can get your hands on a couple of em even , that might help with sand bed issues and over skim like mad, even borrow another one [skimmer] if available from someone too - id be hangin 3-4 cheap hob filters on there with carbon, ammo chips, and just cotton filter media and just filter filter filter filter as much as possable - the quicker you get shit out of there the quicker it all starts comin back

Boss

dpil1

by dpil1

happened to me once in a turtle tank

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Thanks everyone for your support.

I thinkafter a couple of losess things maybe on the mend. Ammonia dosnt seem to be getting worse rather stable actually now.

Fingers crossed im on the mend.
I would think maybe a less healthier tank things may have been a lot worse.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Keep us updated Puff. Glad its not worse than it is. Im just glad you and your family didnt get hurt. That could have burnt your house down...I hope your tank recovers quickly. And for gods sake, look into buying a GFCI for your tank.

Tien6079

by Tien6079

Wow, I never thought a heater would burst like that. Best of luck to you. The do sell grounding rods for aquariums. I bought one and supposedly it is supposed to help reduce any stress to the fish caused by the electrical currents generated by filters, heaters, ect... I guess it works, but then again the LFS may have been wanting to make a fast buck.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Things are beginning to look up guys with the tank, levels are stable again and shits stopped dying.
Lost about a grand of stuff, but better than 10

YOU HAVE TO BE FUCKEN JOKING ME

16 posts • Page 2 of 2