new skimmer

15 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Hows i bubblin boss?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

I think for the money and the size on a scale from 1-10 im gonna give this skimmer an

i only have 2 issues with it -1. useing it as a HOB puts a pretty large pump and large "bubble" trap on the return actually in the tank - - -very ugly
and 2. it's VERY sensative, i did a top off this morning of about 1/2 gallon of water and it went nuts, filled the cup in about 3 seconds when the straight water hit it, i closed the valve emptied the cup and by the time i had it back together it ran fine

other than that, i am extremely satisfied with its easy set up, easy adjustment, easy cleaning and very few moveing parts and most of all its super quiet, i can't hear it running over the fan in my light fixture

$145.00 well spent in my book guys and gals

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

is it the 65? Where did you buy it? Marinedepot was running a special a few weeks back on the 65 for 80 bucks.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

it's rated for up to 65 gallons yeah

im sure i spent way to much my local LFS is way over priced but i needed it fast and they had it on the shelf, i got a cat tree for my daughter at more than half price and some other supplies at a pretty good discount so i made my money back there but as a rule they do charge to much - but they are local and mom and pop so i try to support them when i can

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I understand. Im the same way with my lfs. He charges a little more for pumps skimmers and other equipment....but hes golden to me with corals. 50 bucks for an open brain. Hes even offered to take me to the wholesaler and pick out what I want. I think if you stay loyal to your lfs you get a little more for your money in the long run.

new skimmer

15 posts • Page 2 of 2