AP on Cleaner Wrasse

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jweb

AP on Cleaner Wrasse

by jweb

So I seen this show today on Animal Planet and the Cleaner Wrasse made the list for the show. The commentator said that the fish seems like it has a symbiotic relationship in cleaning the parasites from the fish, but it actually eats other fishes skin.

It sounded to me like they were hinting at the fact that it is not a good or peaceful fish at all. I don't know if they just got their facts wrong or what, but I have never heard anyone talk about this fish in this way. Anyways, I thought it was a bit weird. Any thoughts?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

That sounds weird......it may be true. But it sounds off. Now.....i do know they are hard to keep alive........and a lot of places are trying not to import them as much, as they dont reproduce readily and they dont have a great survival rate in our tanks. If these fish were not beneficial to other fish........why would other fish visit there (cleaning stations). I dont know, I watched Coral Reef Adventure in Imax and I own it as well......just seems wrong.haha I agree with you.

AP on Cleaner Wrasse

2 posts