Pimps Offical Build/Progression Pictures

11 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

I had some stuff laying around, so why not put it to good use,

Koralia #4
Maxijet 600
Octopus DNW 150
20 gallon tank
The stand for my 65 gallon
20 lbs of sugar fine sand,and 15 lbs of CA reactor media
Lots of plumbing parts
2 powercompact light fixtures..That dont work as of yesterday:)
and a vortec mp 10..

I finaly can set up a frag/ display tank..I have some great ideas for this tank, My computer is screwed up right now ..pics will come soon..
I am looking for your opinions on lighting,ect i am forced to use the sun for now :) i might even try to grow something in there with just the sun..

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Pimp, get two 250's. That would be awesome on your new tank. Let me know about the MP10, im looking into buying one!

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Dude get it stop looking lmao.., i had it running on my solana , on the lowest setting, it is very strong, and corals love it, when i get rock in the 40 breeder i will put it in there or get another one..When i get my computer fixed i will post some links to video, This thing stirs up detritus i never knew was in there..

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

I have was thinking about 2 250's or a single 400 but can't make my mind up..Also the light i have wanted for ever and a day is the sunpower ATI T5 fixture there 4 bulb unit they say is good for 40 gallon SPS dominated tanks, and a nova extream 6 bulb fixture i can get for 300...Choosing lights is so confusing...I'm trying to do it right so i don't spend a few hundred down the road on lights again....MH...T5s ?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I saw a guys system today that had 4 T5's over it. He had a clam bigger than my head with great color. He had all types of sps.......and he said he thinks its a little much too much light. I like the shimmer of halides.....but each bulb is 50-100 bucks. so thats a yearly cost...I was looking at the NOVA extreme. Pretty sweet fixture. Just not crazy about the reflectors. Did they switch them to individual reflectors yet? Is this going on a 20 gallon???? if so......holy cow! I would deff do T5's if its a 20. you will never cool a 20 gallon with two 250's. I cant find a store anywhere that doesnt say preorder your MP10. I keep getting told I should just buy the MP20...so I can upgrade it if I want to in the future. cant decide yet. I dont mind spending the 200 on a MP10 but 300 is a little high for the MP20. If your going to put it on the 20.......I would do the ATI T5's.....the Tech fixtures are supposed to be amazing. OR you could buy the Icecap 660 ballast and overdrive all your T5's with independent reflectors.....it would be a lot less power and a lot more light than a halide could provide.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

It's a 40 breeder, And ATI has my heart right now, but am a fan of ICEcap also, i dont have a canopy so I need to buy a fixture, Another issue of mine is supplemental lighting, I do miss actinic lighting, And the shimmer you get from mh is great,.

The MP 10 is strong, it will randomly throw any current you want, and its stronger then my koralia 4 . i won't ever buy a maxi jet again or a koralia again, The mp 20 i think would make my tank look like a blender with my sand, and its double the size, and would probably never upgrade..
Just so you have a idea...The first day i had this thing, i splashed water over the edges...Today i turned it up and my yumma was blowing back and forth rolling on the sand,FYI its atached to a small rock and(the yumma) is about 4 inches around, I used to turkey bast my rocks all the time now i just send a 1500 gph surge every 1 second, Detritus starts coming from everywhere...Once my computer is fixed i can post some video....They fuckin rock man...if you do get the mp 20 ..please take a video of the water splashing on the floor :)
Thanks,

fihsboy

by fihsboy

HAHA. Well......We had a guy here locally selling used MP40's for 300. Im looking into all of the above. I might just get the MP10. I know its literally half the size. Which would be nice. I could always buy another and run them on each side of the tank if I upgrade. :) If its going on a 40.......and your using the tank to grow out frags......I would do the 6 bulb and run two actnics. maybe get one of the tech fixtures and hang it. the more the merrier. :)

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

if its MH or T5s i get they will be hung on some brackets from the wall, This tank is going to be A display/fragtank with some sweet rockscape..+ eggcreat looks like poop I am trying to hang a small rock from the celing on a cable, Mabie to cover the overflow box, The wife hates the idea,,,i love it!!! she agreed to my surprise to , Mangrove box in the window, i cant wait till i do this,i just need to find mangroves around here..??? PS i would give my left nut up for a 8 bulb Powermodual :)

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

christ ..............you might need that nut one of these days ol boy...............hahahaha

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

As long as i have one, Thats all i need , once i get married it probably won't get used anyway =) so i here..

11 posts • Page 1 of 2