My 45 gallon tank build.

32 posts • Page 2 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Why two holes? Theres not going to be room for two holes with the box im using..... I was going to use a 1 inch bulkhead.......And the way my sump is setup it wont pump enough water to overflow the top without turning off the pump before that happens. :) Safeguarded to the max.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

two holes for safety, if a snail or algae or whatever stops up one your still running and not flooding

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Boss is right,Also you need a ball/gate valve on the main hole to raise the water level above the bulkhead(create a syphon), the second hole willo have the street 90 in it facing up, no water will go in it att all. if you only use one hole air is going to screem up that pipe, and i gaurrente no one in your house will ever sleep.. I will E mail you some pics when i get out of work=)

fihsboy

by fihsboy

You guys are going to kill me. I didnt drill but one hole. But I have good reason. If my sump pumps all the water out of its last part......it wont overflow. :) So no worries. one hole will work fine. New pics are up!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lookin great man ..............i like the new rock nice clowns too, but of course im bias to the lil fellas........lol

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

haha thanks boss. They are just about flawless.....they both have a tiny spec of black towards there tails, but besides that, they have no other out of place marks. I hooked up my Reef Octopus today. HOLY CRAP. Its pulling foam like ive never seen before. I had my remora hooked up next to it........and they are running side by side..........no comparison. This Reef Octopus is BAD @$$. Its a 110 DNW.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Nice rock, your going to want to seed it though,get some purple/pink/red in there,
One hole huh...how big is your sump ? do you have pics of the sump ? i never heard of that before... Reef octopus skimmers are bad ass,wait till it breaks in, a few weeks or so...it will pull some really black sludge..

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I have a few pieces of my primo stuff I had. The thing is......I had some rock that had HA on it. and i didnt want to move that over. I have no bubble.....no HA......and no sponges. Im pretty hyped up about it too. Problem is......I dont have a lot of corraline. But it will come, im not worried about it. I have corraline all over my mag float, all over one rock I kept and my snails all have it on there shells. Just going to give it time.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Updated, check the link. All new pics. Picked up 5 corals today. All FREE. millipora acros 3x3 orange monti cap and a mystery yellow coral. He told me the name......but it was some crazy name ive never heard before. I will be doing some research to figure it out. I also posted a pic of the sump. The final baffle will hold about 2 gallons. just to give you guys an idea of how big it is. Its only a 10 gallon sump. But thats all I wanted. Nothing elaborate.......functional and clean.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Try this to identify.. http://www.coralsee.org/

Very nice setup, 2 gallons is small, how much water do you top off daily ?

My 45 gallon tank build.

32 posts • Page 2 of 4