less frequent water changes

16 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

I am a for weekly water changes 100%,You will see better growth,color and health from your corals doing changes weekly, Its what you don't test for that does harm..
check this calc out..
http://reefcentral.com/calc/RODICalc.php

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

speaking of, what else do i need to start testing for now that ive got diffrent corals. Bought a sweet bright red zoo today along with a ping pong ball size frogspawn for 5 $. Im guessing alkalinity and magnesium? Do i need to monitor phosphates or are those primarily associated with aglae blooms and thats it? Already test for cal so should b good there. What brand do i get for my strontium and whatnot??? Basically wtf do you put in your tank? haha

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

i do a 25g water change every mounth or two depending on weather i rember it or not havent had any qualty problums (shut up pimp p04 dosent count) all my softys are doing great and my montys are doing awsome. hell i have even maniged to grow some of the hardest alges on the market(and i dident say that was a good thing nothing eats the shit)
and less money out of pocket. and when a water change for 3 tank youses a bucket of salt that gits pricey.

gldntrmite

by gldntrmite

I have evaporation of 10+ gallons every week so that's 10 gallons i add of fresh RO water weekly plus i do a 30-40 gallon swap once a month. All levels are good and my corals look great, only one i've lost is my Colt and it appears the heat got to it. My mushrooms have gone crazy, spread all over the tank and everything else looks incredibly healthy.

barnsey

by barnsey

10% per week for me which is 50 litres,always have always will :D

fihsboy

by fihsboy

ive only ever lost two things in my tank.......a hammer coral under pc lighting.......and I had a six line jump out the back.....Never had any problems with my bi weekly water changes.

less frequent water changes

16 posts • Page 2 of 2