siamese bully trouble

3 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

ashraf

siamese bully trouble

by ashraf

hey all me got a little situation i decided too keep oscars.so i set up a 55gallon tank for him the tank was running 2mnths in that time i just had a siamese fighter,a pleco and 1 snail,the oscar is in the tank for 2days now its about 2" big,i noticed that the betta chasses the oscar around im just a bit worried that the betta might hurt him.

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

So...all these fish are together in the same tank? really? I dont know where to begin exctly. Could you take out everything but the oscars? This combination of fish is not optimal.

Tien6079

by Tien6079

Whoa! yeah, get the Betta out of there. The Betta is not what you have to worry about. Give the oscar another month to grow and your betta will be dessert. A 55 gallon is a good size for oscars, but not optimal for bettas. Bettas like virtually still water and a 55 gallon is going to take a bunch of water flow for proper filtration. The best tank I have found for a betta is the 3 gallon Tetra Whisper Aquarium. The filter allows you to adjust the water flow to low low settings for the fish. Betta fish are "fighting" fish, but that is among their own species. They usually end up a target in a community tank because their long flowing fins are irrasitable to other fish. They love to nip fins. If you would like to learn more about bettas, contact me. I am a big betta fan. Best of luck.

siamese bully trouble

3 posts