Do I add iodine of some sort? coral beginner...

14 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jennyg49

by jennyg49

does anyone do this? Saw mixed reviews online...

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

<<<<------ (coral beginner) I only use lugols solution for my shrimp to help him mold, not really for corals, what are you dosing and testing for now and what type of corals do you have or are aspiring to have

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

<<<<----(Expert);-) I add 1 drop of TMPCC every 3 days.My Anthelia, and other soft corals respond well IMO, Same questions ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

aren't you sposed to be tearing up the dunes ???? not talking to fish people right now? lmao - - are you back already?

Boss

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

" <<<<----(Expert);-) " hahahahha sadly hes right , hey im doin my catchin up, slowly but surely, the reef club here in BFE is quite cool :))

jennyg49

by jennyg49

Blueshoes: Right now i'm just testing for amonia, nitrates, nitrites, and PH. I just have a some Zoes, and would like some mushrooms, maybe a bubble coral (keeping it simple). I'm not dosing anything extra now- just using the salt mix. Ideas?

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

haha well im gunna leave this one alone and let the real expert give you the school lessons, i dont want to tell you something wrong. In the mean time have you had saltwater or freshwater tanks before??? You goin to school anywhere or anything?

jennyg49

by jennyg49

ha we'll see what the experts say too then! I had a 20g salt tank for 5 years - fish etc only, no coral. ha, no school. been meaning to get a good book for this stuff but there's so much info online (and helpful people on this site!)
saltwaterpimp- thx, i'll look into TMPC- is that just a type or brand of liquid iodine? thanks!!.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

iodine is honestly more trouble than its worth. if you OD your looking at major red slime issues which is a pain in the rear. I would honestly set my eyes on a good two part solution and stick with that daily. Nothing else is needed....IMO. I dose daily or every other day depending on how my corals are looking Oceans Blend two part solution. I LOVE IT. and everyone here in Florida Swears by the stuff. Its a good price....and it works GREAT.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

TMPCC= Tropic Marin Pro Coral something or another, I would almost agree with fish boy..Dont overdose.Its a good idea to have though cuz you should dip all corals before they make it to your main display..Also testing is the only way to really know what you should add..

14 posts • Page 1 of 2