baby shrimp?

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

makavelithedon963941

baby shrimp?

by makavelithedon963941

i woke up this morning, and when the lights turned on i noticed a little peach colored shrimp looking thing stuck to the side of my yellow tang, i could tell it was bothering him, so i called my store, and they said they never heard of it but that i should catch the fish and flush the parasite, but im trying to find out what it was, he fell off the fish b4 i could get him and it looked like he left a little nip on the tang any help?

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

? i never heard of it either. joes rock from mexico is full of little critters. did you quarintine your rock and fish before adding to your reef ? at night time get a flashlight put a red film over it so light will pass throgh it . look around the base of corals and on fish . i think most parisites are nocturnal. if you turn on a light they will split .

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

dose your tang have brown spots on him? try a cleaner shrimp.

makavelithedon963941

by makavelithedon963941

joe cures the live rock at the store himself and when its ready ill grab some, but he goes somewhere in california a few times a year for his supply. nah no brown spots, but i called my other guy at Aquatech and he identified it as an isopod and his recamendations were the same as yours, cleaner shrimp. thank you

baby shrimp?

4 posts