Tank turning green?

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

lancealott

Tank turning green?

by lancealott

Well it used to be blue with four 48 inch attnic blue bulbs. I read those bulbs help the growth of this algae. Well how do I get rid of the algae problem it seems to be off the glass i have about 10 turbo snails in the tank plus many other snais and crabs. How else can i get rid of the green coloring without harming the inverts?

josmoloco

by josmoloco

Algae scrubber, google it.

barnsey

by barnsey

Use a good qulity carbon,i use Julian sprungs Hydrocarbon i use 4 ounces for my 120 gal tank and change it weekly.
I also use Seachem Purigen which gets changed after 12 weeks and Rowaphos which gets changed every 3 weeks.

If you have a sump these can be placed in a upstream pump in the sump or if not in a canister filter.

Hope this helps.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

How old are the bulbs. Bulbs dont last for ever and overtime there light spectrum changes causing algae booms. Generally lights should be changed out every 12 months.
This would explain why its gone form a blue to a green colour

lancealott

by lancealott

ya i just bought the bulbs a week ago. i usually just wash out the carbon bags and just reuse them. so maybe that is the problem. i just bought three crown conchs and more nassurlus snails and some others.

Tank turning green?

5 posts