Soooo..... What do you think?

13 posts • Page 2 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I know this sounds goofy.....but you actually get more out of your tank by cleaning 20% weekly. Instead of smaller changes, larger changes less often gets more crud out. the whole dilution thing. I was changing water every 3-4 days....now I do it every other week......and my system is healthier because of it.

Rachie9643

by Rachie9643

Well more or less I'm only doing bi weekly for now because the tank is so new xD. After the first month or so I will go to once a week cleanings.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

every Tursday I do a 9 gallon change and every Sunday I do a 9 gallon change on a 55 gallon tank

the guy has the angelfish hexagon tank states he just moved into his house, been 8 weeks. so I take it he is too lazy after the house movng to do any water changes

you know the water can look clear but there is much pollutants in the water...I wonder if this guy even water tests...I would hate to see what the water tests read

and even if you have a deep bed of gravel so the good bacteria can feed off of - you may get away with no vacuuming; I never vacuum - but to get away with no water changes is definitely a ticking time bomb.

people do not understand that streams, oceans, rivers, creeks, etc are constantly changing, even lakes have water changes from rainfall to the next which through evaporation and more rain, a "water change" is taking place

personally, I think some people who enter this hobby are just too lazy to do the water. ITs a routine just like it's a routine to start the day; people have to get oil changes, people have to housekeep, if not, stuff builds up and destruction takes place

it is relative to a fish tank...it may look all nice and neat, that the water, but I am sure the fish are struggling, and in time, without a good water change, these angels will perish for if any disease enters that tank, their immune system will be to overhwelmed to fight it, and the stress and disease will kill the fish

I just wish people would just do more research before entering this hobby. The hobby can be enlightening (we're all near marine biologists and chemists after having established a fish tank, so to speak) and it's entertaining, fish have personality, they approach the glass when it is time for feeding...do you know I take my fish for a walk every so often...no really, I actually take my fish for a walk...it is a 55 gallon long, I start at one end and walk to the other end, the fish will actually follow you back and forth...and they thought only dogs go for walks lol

if a person cherishes and relishes this hobby, there will be years of pleasure for both hobbyist and the living species...sheesh, even the good bacteria, to me at least, is a living species that I rely on, that I take pleasure in

oh well, I can only hope this guy does a water change like in NOW!

Soooo..... What do you think?

13 posts • Page 2 of 2