Mantis Shrimp

13 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

gldntrmite

by gldntrmite

I pay $4.80 in Saint Louis for live rock from my lfs.. it's mid grade rock. nothing to fancy, if you want real nice looking rock around here then your talking $10+..... You can see the rock i'm talking about on my profile..

jweb

by jweb

I got that live rock from a guy who works at a pet store. He was taking his 2 year old salt tank down. I took about 100 lbs of his rock, and about 80lbs of his sand. His salinity was at 1.031, I think that is why the coralline was insanely abundant. It was even better looking in his tank. Crazy deep purplish/red colors.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

i payed 6.99 lb for my rock and this is the only lfs in a 100 mile radius easily, and low and behold i go in there the other day and its 5.99 now haha fucks............... i met a guy in the new reef club im in and he gets deals at it, for say if a frag is in the 24.99 section... he bargains with the ppl that work there, not hte owner of course, and they put it in hte 14.99 section :) something i havent been able to do thus far... theres easily a 6 inch matins shrimp at the lfs, nobody wants to buy him cuz hes so mean.....haha one huge bitch fo sho......

Mantis Shrimp

13 posts • Page 2 of 2