CANON cameras?

11 posts • Page 1 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

volcom

CANON cameras?

by volcom

i know this is really like beyond off topic but I was looking into buying a canon rebel. on the overview it says like. NTSC/PAL for the video. but on all the forums out there its like no video... i do want one with video. if not i can use my old one..
hah just wondering if any ones has this cammera. and would maybe recomend it?
conisdering its like 600 bucks

fihsboy

by fihsboy

No SLR has video.......I think the sony alpha might....but nikon and canon dont have an SLR that has video. They are considered high performance cameras and use mirrors to show you exactly what you are taking a picture of. I shoot weddings on the side and I have a Nikon D300 and a Nikon D70. They are AWESOME cameras. I have shot the Rebel xti and it is a great camera as well! You wont be dissapointed. if you want decent pictures........slr is the only way to go. and if you want good videos......you need a video camera that is specialized for it. but besides the rebel not having video.......you would love it! Even though Im a nikon kinda guy.

volcom

by volcom

but canon made something like... um the T1i or somehting. it has HD video. and its an slr. i thinbk i will just get one anywayy

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Well Nikon has the D90....it can shoot HD video...but its a 1000 bucks. and Cannon has the T1i like you said. I didnt realize cannon came out with that. Thats sweet. And a sweet price at 800 bucks. You wont be sorry. thats for sure. I love both of my SLR's. I went to take pictures of the Jacksonville Jaguars at a practice game.....the ushers asked me where my field pass was. HA. it was great. told them I was just an average joe with a love for photography..... so they let me on the field. It was cool. :)

volcom

by volcom

haha really? sounds sickk. the T1i looks good. maybe, but aprently the files are huge for em...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

any slr has big files.....but the quality is there.....which is why. By the way welcome to rmft!!!

volcom

by volcom

haha thanks for the welcome. but ive been here for a while. ive had like a whack load of accounts :P
like mike037? burtonboarder... ya hah i skateboard so. :P

anyways im thinking these are way to expensive for me. im only 14. so like im kinda broke. but i was looking at a powershot. with 12.1 megapixels. so ya. its 1 megapixel off. and it has HD video... i might just get that one. i relly want an DSLR!

fihsboy

by fihsboy

ohh well any photographer wants an slr. Have you tried your hand at film yet? Get a compact camera such as a power shot or coolpix, what ever your prefrence, and learn with it. I got my SLR at 17........spent all of my savings on it. then my grandma bought my D200 with a 70-200 lens with a F stop of 2.8 fixed. and another lens 18-200 with vibration reduction and all the bells and whistles. $4200.....im spoiled. But with the weddings Ive done with it...ive made almost half of it back. And its a good clean fun hobby that will keep you out of trouble.

volcom

by volcom

lol yaaa. i think i was gunna geta powershot.
they look oay, but i really do want to take good pictures. and videos. but not a 1000 dollar camera :{

fihsboy

by fihsboy

powershots are good. You wont be dissapointed. I dont know if they still do it.....BUT ritz camera and wolf camera.....used to rent cameras....maybe 60-70 bucks for a week. 10-15 bucks for a day or too. Its a great deal if you want to try before you buy. Take it on a vacation and see how you like it.

CANON cameras?

11 posts • Page 1 of 2