Salt Water Aquarium and Occ. Clown Fish Questions.

13 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lol Meg............im not 100% sure - your pic is a little blurry but your clowns look like True Perculas to me ..................they're pretty hard to tell apart Percs have black lines around their white stripes and Occies don't - - -the good thing is that if they are percs....they are a little more tolerant of tank mates

as far as adding another clown ............well thats a Vegas shot, ive seen people with 3-4 different species of clowns in one tank and others add one and the orginals terrorize it to death ..............i would shy away with a smaller tank as it wouldn't have anyplace to hide if they did beat on him

shrimp are very sensitive to water fluctuations so i would definately wait till your tank is more mature - - -LFS's say 6-8 weeks but in my experience its more like 6-8 months befroe a tank is really solid and stable

you can shoot for about 1 pound per gallon of rock for an FO tank and make some really cool structures for the clowns to swim around and definately get some high power powerheads in there - - -clowns are VERY active fish and will love the high water movment - - my tank has a Korila nano power head and the filter does 700 gallons per hour return and they LOVE it !!!! the sand in my tank vibrates in the front because of all the flow - - i just bought a big tank for my room divider and the guy i bought it from has a 300 gallon and a couple 60 gallons and he was jealous of how healthy and active my babies are - - so get that flow up girl they'll thank you for it !!!!

the word lumen in this case is just a term ...........he moon light is just a white LED bulb - - - -on this fixture its really kinda weak but when all the lights in the room are off you can see a "moon light" shimmer in there - - -its kinda cool but could be brighter in my opinion - - -in european countries "Lumens" are a measure of light , light we use watts - - - I.E.a 100 watt light bulb might be 75 lumens or something like that

lol you gotta watch BLUE - - he like to take over posts a lot - - - - hahahahahah love ya man

Boss

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

man............. took 5 more gallons out and put 5 MORE gallons of completely fresh water inmy tank............. sg measured out at 1.028 now....... good lord my poor tank!!!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

are you useing a swingarm SG tester??? if so throw it out the window and run it over with a car..................get a refractometer -- they aren't cheap {anywhere from 40 to 100+ bucks} depending on the brand, BUT holy crap the ease and acuracy is amazing - - - -i think i would say get a refractometer before a skimmer to start up people ...................what good is a skimmer if your cooking your fish in "hot" water

Glad to hear you found your problem Blue

Boss

Salt Water Aquarium and Occ. Clown Fish Questions.

13 posts • Page 2 of 2