my first picture (i r newb)

29 posts • Page 3 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

dame, I just feel sorry for the fish.

How would you like to live alone in a water heater closet, with no filtration (hardly any rich oxygen to breathe), no air current (no movement to the water), no heater (dead air) and no one to play with (lonely with no love...I hope you do realize, outside of fish amusing themselves with one another, they do show affection and care toward one another).

If you can live like that, the way I described, then more power to you. But if you are honest with yourself, you will help this poor fish out or get out of this hobby.

A word from the wise: you get into this hobby to strike a relationship between the living species in the tank (not just fish, but invertebrates, live plants, even good bacteria) and yourself. If I could live under water, I'd be the first to dive into my own tank and share a life with my fish. Ths is how certain I am that the environment I created in the tank makes all the living species feel right at home.

If you create a home for the living species, then and only then can you consider yourself an aquarist. Until then, you have absolutely no business being in this hobby, and I feel deeply sorry for that poor little fish in your tank.

Wake up and smell the water.

dameMagnifique

by dameMagnifique

thats not at all what its like.
he can swim, he can breath, the plant i added is thriving.
if he was in those conditions he would clearly die a swift and painfull death
my fish is not living in a sponge bob betta tank.

lol, your sooo dumb,
wake up and smell the water?
wtf
stop trying to be superior to me,
my fish is clearly not dying,
and im not changing
e16a8-41V3Z8S666L__SL500_AA280_.jpg
Last edited by dameMagnifique on Thu May 21, 2009 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

dameMagnifique

by dameMagnifique

there is a differnce.

does anyone see the picture i posted..?
e16a8-41V3Z8S666L__SL500_AA280_.jpg

jweb

by jweb

Okay, I'm going to lay it out there nicely and maybe easier to understand for you (not to be condescending).

There is a this huge debacle about goldfish in the aquarist community. Not because of the goldfish, but because of the misconceptions of the novice aquarist, who at the time, believes the cheap equipment and the small sized tanks (sold at walmart and many other stores that do not specialize in pets or aquariums for the matter), will be great for the goldfish they see in the display tank with a pretty blue background.

The cheap equipment might work for now, or maybe even for the natural life of the fish. However, if you research the specific genus of goldfish, you may find out that some types of goldfish prefer water temperatures below 70 degrees fahrenheit, or will grow to be 12 inches or larger. Actually I think goldfish can grow indefinately like some other types of fish, meaning that they can keep growing without reaching a maximum size and then stopping, depending on whether their food supply is constant.

Here's a good story for you guys...

I have a friend that I've known for a while, I just recently went to his house the past year. He has a 55 gallon freshwater tank with a 12" goldfish in it. I said, "Oh my god, that thing is HUGE. I have never seen them so big. Where did you get that thing from?" He said, "I won it at the fair 3 years ago throwing a ping pong ball into those little glass cups that they have the fish in." He still has it today, and he feeds it bologne and food scraps.

His goldfish grew about 4" a year.

So I leave you with that to think about...

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

lol jweb so funny

ping pong ball game lol

poor little guy...I bet that fish wish the guy through a golf ball instead (to put him out of his pain).

Outside of a large 30 plus gallon aquarium, goldfish will thrive best in a backyard garden pond of 180 gallons or more. And your fish is in what...1 gallon?

I hate to bet you on this dame, but you keep that fish in that tank of yours...and in about a year's time or so, you can invite me over to dinner and you can have its eyes on your plate. get the point?

one other thing, you can't manage a fish, that is, A fish let alone a reef tank. I plan to get a saltwater tank, but that is after I have at least 5 years of freshwater experience. In your case, do the odds genius............sheesh

You are an absolute waste of time. I feel sorry for the poor fish.

DameMagnifique9373

by DameMagnifique9373

lmao.
im not keeping him there forever.
i was actually planning on getting a bigger tank in just less than a year yasher.
guess what. you cant stop me.
ive kept fish for nearly 8 years. i do know what you need to take care of them
and i am confident that my fish will make it

DameMagnifique9373

by DameMagnifique9373

misconceptions of the novice aquarist, who at the time, believes the cheap equipment and the small sized tanks (sold at walmart and many other stores that do not specialize in pets or aquariums for the matter), will be great for the goldfish they see in the display tank with a pretty blue background.

your a bloody idiot.

the story is actually,
my one friend has piranhas, (and yes he feeds them live fish, which i know your all going to bitch about now)
and i saw this fish in the tank about to be eaten, asked my friend if i could have it instead since the little things only cost 60 odd cents
i had to keep him in a bowl for the first while which even i will admit looked stressfull for him
so i asked a couple of friends if they had a fish tank of any kind, got this one
then later i cut background from some craft paper, and found the heart shaped rock outside

there is also a few snails and some little plant that is absolutly thriving.

zambize

by zambize

Dame,

If you're not going to change, why did you ask for suggestions? Just to light a fire? Your subject line says you're a newbie, but you now state you've kept fish for 8 years. If you've kept fish for 8 years then you had to know that your setup, and asking for suggestions, would start a riot. And your immediate cocky attitude seems to me exactly what you were hoping to dish out. I hope everyone stops feeding into your attention-getting scheme. Please, everyone, stop responding to this thread. I know you feel for the fish, but there's nothing you can do, let it go, maybe she'll go away.

Z

DameMagnifique9373

by DameMagnifique9373

by newbie, i was only refering to the forum.
i took into consideration what people were saying, although i did not agree with most of them.
my fish is not dying, but he will absolutly need a bigger tank in the near future.
for now he is living a disease free life with plenty of fish flakes, clean water, and attention. and id say thats pretty good for a feeder fish. have you seen how many of them die at pet stores.
and as for being cocky, i am just a very confident person

my first picture (i r newb)

29 posts • Page 3 of 3