Anybody have scuba experience?

18 posts • Page 2 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

haha. Jumped off the boat last week in the keys.....three baracuda sitting there looking at me like......WTH are you doing in my territory! pretty sweet though. I couldnt get my girlfriend in the water because shes afraid of the ocean. I saw a little carribean jellyfish too while i was down. probably about 4 inches by 4 inches. pretty sweet. The problem with diving.......its NOTHING like your reef tank. Most coral reefs are hurt and damaged really bad in the keys. Its mostly rock....and sea fans. In 2 hours under water.....I saw literally 5 sps colonies. and they were only maybe a foot by a foot. its really sad to see it in the condition its in. As long as your careful and just enjoy what you see....its worth it completly.

jweb

by jweb

I went out on a friends boat yesterday and got stung the hell up by some jellyfish. I couldn't even see them, but could damn sure feel them. We were about 6 miles out over the top of a sunken bridge span and were fishing at first then the waves were so bad we started feeling sick so we jumped in and went snorkeling. We couldn't see much but big schools of 3 foot Amberjack and Sheepheads.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

caught a sheephead once.....off a dock in islamorada. All that came up was its head......Pulled it in and its head was about a foot high.....sweet fight.....BUT all that came up was the head.....something got the rest of it....

jweb

by jweb

baracudas steal your shit in the keys.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Thats what we figured it was. that........or tarpon.......or sailfish.......or a big as$ shark! Ive never seen a baracuda longer than 4 feet.....but that dont mean anything. That was our first guess when it happened.

jweb

by jweb

When I dove key west I seen more baracuda then I have ever seen in my life. One time when we had our charter service I was running the anchor line down to chain in to the structure. I was on my way back up the anchor line after chaining in and there was a 7 foot baracuda circling the line. I was like, ehhh fkk that. and let go of the line. haha.

jweb

by jweb

oh yeah and i dove the great barrier reef. that's a dive...

josmoloco

by josmoloco

Anybody have scuba experience?

18 posts • Page 2 of 2