Fish?

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Fishboy134534

Fish?

by Fishboy134534

I am just a beginner at this hobby right now and everything is new to me. I just got my first tank about a month ago and it's going really well. It is a 10 gallon tank with 3 balloon mollies, 3 purple passion danios, and 2 panda cories. I wish to get maybe just 3 or 4 more fish to add to the tank. What fish do you reccommend? Remember, I don't want anything that won't do well with the other fish, nor anything that will grow more than 3'' at the most. Any suggestions would be a great help. Check out my tank!
Thanks

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

With a 10 gallon tank you should not be adding any more fish than what u currently have.

Fishboy134534

by Fishboy134534

Okay Spongebob. You're telling me not to get anymore fish, yet you have a twenty gallon tank with 2 angelfish( they grow up to 6" long and 10" high!)and two bala sharks(they grow up to 10" long and require at least a 70 gallon tank). Obviously, you are cramming fish that can get very large in such a small tank, so it's a shame to know that your innocent fish will be stuck in a tank that they can't fit in.

LeviNHeidi4480

by LeviNHeidi4480

I have a couple Red Eye Tetras that would probably do great in your tank. They are very hardy and don't bother any other fish. They aren't bad to look at either. They have a red stripe through their eyes and a glittery body.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

The fish I have, Fishboy, have more than sufficient space for the time being... I have a second 55 gallon tank for when they grow, I just don't see a need to waste space for the moment. Your tank currently is close to capacity, and your fish haven't even grown yet as well, the three mollies alone will outgrow your ten gallon. Regardless, learn to take advice a bit better, you're one month into this hobby.

Fish?

5 posts