local reef club

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

local reef club

by fihsboy

Went to my first meeting today.........AWESOME. I got blue milliporas for ten bucks!!!!! WHAT! BUT I realized that I need a 150 gallon at least.....just because I want a freakin sweet tank. House we went to.....custom 265 tank. Off the charts sweet. She had now hear me on this one... FOUR Koralia 8's on the tank......are you kidding me!!!!! You know how much flow that is!!!!! 13000 gallons an hour......plus her dolphin return pump.....She had a plate coral thats bigger than a dinner plate. uhh drooooooll. I have new dreams and aspirations.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

we don't have that sort of stuff in oz i don't think. maybe the hobby isnt as strong over here.

jweb

by jweb

thats nuts bro. wish i was there to see it. what part of FL do you live in again?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Jacksonville. Check out the site, if you wanted to make the drive it would be worth it for sure. They even handed us all emergency numbers. its kinda nice. If something were to happen to my tank while I was out of town, my mom and grandma could call someone on the contact list......and they will come and do a water change or help mend a tank, or what ever you need. Kinda nice considering my mom and grandma know NOTHING about my tank. Where are you jweb? There was a few guys from georgia and alabama too. :)

www.nfmas.org

jweb

by jweb

I am about 3-4 hours to the west of you, in Panama City. That would be pretty sweet. So they must have the largest club in the area?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Around here there the only one I know of. You could join online. You only have to make one meeting a year to become a member. You be a member on TRT just to be a member. These guys are awesome. Three of the guys had been in to reef tanks for 25+ years. Great knowledge at the meetings. Your more than welcome man!

local reef club

6 posts