Can my parents legally take my job away

21 posts • Page 2 of 3

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

hummm i think there are child labor laws against that... and if not im sure child abuse is another good descriptive phrase.

adehaan86

by adehaan86

darkruby it's simple, quit your job, then annoy them EVERYDAY every second that you need money and make them pay for car insurance gas clothes ETC.

it would probably be more of a punishment for them, but your parents are doing it to be against you just to make sure your education is setup best for the future.

jweb

by jweb

I did horrible in high school (2.0 weighted GPA, just enough to graduate). When I got into college I had no idea what I was doing, no study habits, no homework habits, just drinking and partying habits. I had no idea how hard college actually is. When you fail in college, YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. So learn shit while you're in high school and college won't be as hard to learn new things (you won't have to go back over old shit).

adehaan86

by adehaan86

I agree with jweb, and you won't put what he put to your heart till it's too late. I did I though school was a joke. now I realize it's importance

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Funny we are talking about this.....I talked to a guy last night in my class.......28 years old........smoked weed for the last 14 years of his life.....quit.......got married.......quit because his wife made him........hes clean of drugs and booze now.......a little slow because the drugs, but a great guy! Going to school and regretting everything he ever did before that. Just bite the bullet....and get it over with. :)

zambize

by zambize

darkruby -- Well, look at this way...if you don't get better grades in school you'll be working in that grocery store the rest of your life. If that's what you want and you're happy doing it, and you can support yourself, then that's fine. But if you want something different then you better raise your grades. I'm a therapist working with teens and parents (and the law) quite a bit, and yes, your parents can make you quit your job.

mudshark -- You're an ass.

Zambize

darkruby

by darkruby

Thanks for all the advice guys, it looks like I'm going to deal with life like it comes. I have to do my best and I will, I just need to motivate myself. Life Isn't easy and it never really will be. Roll with the punches. So what if I lose my job cuz my parent love me, I'll live.
I have'nt lost my job yet and I'm holding on.
Thanks.

zambize

by zambize

Sounds good darkruby. But don't lose your job because your parents love you....get better grades because your parents love you! AND because you love yourself and want the best for yourself. It may not seem like those grades will ever matter in life, but they will. I wish you the best.

Z

fihsboy

by fihsboy

This morning I was listening to the radio.......some stupid talk show........changed the channel.....SAME THING..........changed the channel.....same thing......Every radio station had on the same exact broadcast........I listened to it. It was about our school systems and why we arent learning like we should be. Standardized testing.....They are opening a private school in florida that has no tests..........you heard me right.......NONE. If you focus on learning something....and dont worry as much about the test you will do better. Dont go to school thinking......geeze this sucks I dont want to learn this stuff just to regurgetate it in a few days and forget it..........Go and try to learn what the subject is truely about and try to take in why it works the way it does.. Im going to try it out this week.........see how it goes. I challenge you to do the same. :)

zambize

by zambize

The "no tests" concept isn't new, it has been tossed around for many years. It is an interesting concept, but would require many other things to be in place before it would work and our current school system isn't ready for it. The basic concept is to encourage our youth to learn for the sake of learning, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that, but it requires so much more than a revamped school system....

Z

Can my parents legally take my job away

21 posts • Page 2 of 3